Saturday, March 8, 2008

NO!!! Not her again.....



(sequence of feelings)
in that order

I don't know if all of you guys knew that I was in an accident when I was 26 weeks pregnant. It happen early in the morning about 6:30am on Beck Street going to SLC. Traffic came to quick stop. So I stopped. The car behind me stopped, but the idiot behind her didn't. So I got smacked into by the middle car. Mind you all, this was in my wonderful Mother-in-laws car.....So as a result, I had to go to the hospital to be observed for 4 hours. This nurse in the picture..GRRR! and this is why.....
After I had been at the hospital for 2 1/2 hours I was getting thirsty so I asked her if I could have a drink. What she told me was horrid. She said


I can't give you anything to drink in case we have to do and emergency C-section and you know babies at that age might live or they might DIE

....Seriously why would you add the "might die" part? I still ask myself that. So after she said that both Paul and I were a little freaked out that all of a sudden this baby could be coming that day! Thankfully she decided to stay and bake longer.
So when I arrived at the hospital to be induced guess who was the first person I saw? Yes, you got it....That nurse. My blood pressure started to boil. I was thinking "oh, great I get her again". She showed me to my room and told me to put my gown on and said such wonderful words..."I'm just helping you for now until your nurse is available". phew....I don't think that I could handle her for a whole day. Thank goodness my prayers were answered! I think it is funny that Paul happened to take a picture of her!
The nurse pictured in the "good" photo was awesome! She was an answer to my prayers. She made me feel comfortable the whole time and kept everything light and had just a wonderful attitude. It was great she knew Dr. Spencer very well....he delivered her kids too!














1 comments:

Megan said...

I know this is a billion years old but that's such a myth about eating/drinking and cesarians. I just read an entire midwifery text and that was a valid in the 40s when they put women under for cesarians. So stupid.