Thursday, June 12, 2008

To The Doctors We Go!

Layla is still having this diarrhea. It has been almost two weeks. The Dr. thinks that it isn't Rotavirus and that it is something else. This little one has lost some weight and has to have soy formula for the next few days (the soy is to help with her diarrhea). Right before I got Layla out of the car I could hear her grunting away, then I heard the explosion in her pants. I was crossing my fingers that some how it stayed in her diaper. I didn't bring an extra outfit, because I knew we wouldn't be there long. So sure enough when I get she has poo all over her clothes. The wee one had to ride home in only a diaper...
SO, now the Dr. wants us to get a stool sample of her poo. She recommended we put plastic in her diaper and when she goes to pour her liquid poo into the specimen cup. Kind of ridiculous. Oh, and the specimen has to get to the lab within about an hour....even more crazy! The joys of motherhood.



Waiting for the Doctor!
Ready to go home!




3 comments:

a.t.a said...

Oh, I hope they figure it out!

Mom & Dad Lueck said...

Hi
It sounds a little bit Like what london has had. you might want to talk to Marsha. I know they had to do that same test. What about food? I hope she is doing better soon.
love you mom

Jenny Hart Turk said...

Sounds like you've had some fun recently. What a joy!